Sunday, March 18, 2012

Complete Surrender

This weekend was amazing! I had sooo much fun.

     I left around 3:30pm on Friday afternoon. My group got left behind because the driver forgot about us, so we didn't get to the camp until 6:30ish. I ate my sack dinner when I got there and then we had some free time. And then we headed to the chapel. That night we started to discuss Jeremiah 29:11. Now let me just say that I had a lot of things on my mind the begining of this weekend. Somethings I wanted to get over but didn't know how and I would say I was spiritually confused. We had worship which was so great and so meaningful and it just spoke to my heart. After we had worship and the message we had discussion group to talk about the message and how we were going to apply it to our lives. Then we headed back to our cabins for devotions. Then we went to bed. And that night I was super tired and running a fever so I fell asleep quick.

    We (me and the girls in my cabin) woke up around 6:50ish. When the lights came on I saw Pastor Ann shrug like she wasn't ready to get up yet. It made me laugh. We got up and did our devotions by the lake, then we headed to the dinning hall for breakfast. Breakfast there wasn't that great. I often did my can feedings. (not like anything is helping though, more on that later.) Anyway after breafast we head over to the chapel for morning message and worship. The message Saturday moring was about what structure of the house you need work on. Mine was I need work on my walls. I have the structure of God in my life but my walls are breaking down. The little things in life are falling thru. Then after message we got free time from 12-5pm. The girls in my cabin were going to put there bathing suits on and then go to the lake. I told then to wake me up when they leave, but I guess they forgot or something because I got a much needed 2 hour nap. I woke up around 2ish and head over to watch people paddle boat. I wasn't feeling great due to the infection, but as the day went on I started to feel better. After I talked to one of the concelors for a while I decided to play mini golf and then human Foosball was scheduled for 4 but it was no longer there. That was disappointing. But instead, we played a game of soccer. I love soccer and the game just showed how much I missed it. Our team won 5 to 1. I learned that I kick really well with my left foot. Surprising because I'm right handed. Anyway, well since it's soccer I get competitve and I kicked this little kid in the nuts and another kid in the foot. (totally on accident). I felt real bad too. We took shower and head to chapel. I walked in to the chapel and I had this tug on my heart to forgive this person in my life. I kept saying to myself "no I'm not going to do that, no, little voice go away." We started praise and worship and I felt the same thing over and over again. And once again I said, "NO God I don't want to do that!" Tiffany preached to us on our 'idols' and how we "worship" them more than we worship God. She made us write our idols on a piece of paper and then when we were ready we had to bring them to the cross. For me my idols are self image, and my IPod and bitterness. I went to the cross and pored out my heart to Christ. Telling him that I no longer want to be captive to these idols, and that I know these idols are keeping me away from my time with Him. I bowed at the cross for quite some time just praying and asking for forgiveness. After the sermon I went and called that someone and forgave him. After I surrendered I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders. We then went back to our cabins to do devotions. I was in a super happy mood and me and my friend were laughing with each other. It was great! 


Sunday morning (this morning) we woke up and head to devotions by the lake and then to breakfast. I am sooooo sore from the soccer game. I feel like an old women trying to move my legs and sit down and stuff. After breakfast we headed to chapel for our last session. We had praise and worship and a message and communion. We had discussion group and then we left. We arrived at the church around 1. 


I can't even explain how much fun I had. I can't wait for Summer Camp!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper and plans not to harm you, plans for hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. you will seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11-13


Love always, 
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment